Boarding School Blues
We have been married for 21 years. We have one daughter, she is 15 and going to be 16 in oct 2000. My daughter is a 10 grader and she has not been doing do good in school. Her grades fluctuates between semesters. She get better grade in the beginning of the term and slides at end of the year. This has been going on since grade 7. My wife was very upset about her and of course, I was the victim of my daughter's grade. Now my wife wants her me to send her to a boarding school or she is moving out of the house. I am very reluctant to do so, because her school is one of the best in the district. Many people wants to move in here and because of the school district, the property value has gone (up) substantially. I need help, please let me know what should I do to prevent this separation. I love my wife and my daughter dearly. Thank you and best regards.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.