How to deal with a pot smoker who uses it to cover mental problem - - Oct 23rd 2008
I can say what I want to about pot smoking. I was a pot smoker for years. I did not smoke everyday but smoked on the weekends. I like the other lady on here did not realize that I fell in love with my husband when he was high. When he is sober, he can't even stand his own self. When he is high he is a total different person. OK, maybe I do agree with one of you about him covering up a mental illness with pot...but how does it help me when he will not admit that....somebody please tell me how to deal with his crazy cycle of happy, crazy, happy, crazy. I am exhausted. I won't leave him because I truly love him and we have two children. What else can I do?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.