It seems like I have to choose between my husband and my son!
i am just lost and don't know what to do .. i have 3 sons. 17,11,6 i am married. my husband now is the father of the 6 yr old . and yes he does treat him different then the other two . well my 17 yr old does not get along with my husband at all . me and my husband have been together for ten yrs now . this morning was another all out war between them which resulted to physical violence. i was at work . my son is calling screaming at me on the phone saying how he is being a jerk cause he cant use the truck which we gave to him . to go to school. then my husband gets on the phone screaming at me saying i need to choose between him and my son.. well I'm sorry but I'm gonna choose my son he is my blood i gave birth to him . my husband always says that him or me.. what am i supposed to do. it would break my 6yr olds heart if i let his daddy go. and financially i can not make it . my husband does drink a lot i've tried to tell him stop or i will leave. i left my first husband cause of it then i only had one child and i did make it on my own but now i have 3 . i'm so stressed...please any advice..thank you.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.